Pages

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

|| Worthy ||



You are more than all the things they said to you
You are more than what you say you are at 3am when you can't stop crying
You are more than how he made you feel
You are more than labels
You are more than what they try to shrink you down to
You are more than your previous mistakes
you are more than just a test score or a letter on a paper
You are more than your grades
you are more than your old choices
you are more than your sexuality
you are more than your old lies
You are more than the scars on your skin
You are more than the scars on your heart
You are more than your stretch marks
You are more than your jiggly thighs or bony wrists
You are more than your dirty clothes or ratty shoes
You are more than "pretty" or "skinny"
You are more than all your comments or likes or views
You are more than your insecurities or flaws
You are more than the fiery sun or the glittering stars in the sky
You are worth more than you could ever imagine

          

I've been going to these seminars and little things lately to help get me out of some previous drama in my life. Out of all of them, the one moment that stood out the most to me was when I went to my very first seminar sitting way far in the back, hiding when the lady speaking was picking out random volunteers. She would pick a random person in the crowd of about 30-50 people and hand the microphone to that person, asking what they wanted in life. Then she would ask how that would make them feel, if they had that thing they wanted.
This one particular lady she had picked said she wanted this certain job. The speaker then asked how that would make her feel if she had that job. Holding the microphone up, the lady responded "I would feel worthy." The speaker waited for a minute and went on, "So, having this job would make you feel worthy, or make you feel like you have more worth than you do now. Why is that?" Again, the lady held up the mike, responding with a little laugh, "I guess, having the money, haha." She sorta laughed  it off along with the crowd while the speaker looked at her for a moment, and then asked, "Well, can you tell me what you are worth now?"
"What am I worth?"
"Yes."
She was silent for a long time.
"Well...I'm worth a lot more than money."
I think about this a lot.

          

((still on break. just a little scheduled draft for you guys.))
((have a wonderful day ❤))



14 comments :

  1. <3
    So very, very true.
    Gorgeous post.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always share the most inspirational things. <3

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey, YOU ARE MORE THAN SWEET. You're tooth-decaying sweet. ^________^
    And why the heck can I not find your website in my feed?! I'm getting irritated.

    I wish I would have been there, sounded pretty insightful.

    ~tudda pudda ^______^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww WHY THANK YOU
      I have no idea, it says you're still following me so maybe unfollow and refollow?? I don't know. :P

      It was a lot of fun, and it was ^_^

      Delete
  4. Wow, that was beautiful.

    (P.S. so is that Tyler Joseph gif in the sidebar)

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much!! <3
      (isnt it though, I love that video so much)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Definitely inspiring and something everyone needs to hear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so uplifting!
    I will definitely come back to this when I am having off-days. Your words have power!
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm so glad!! ^__^
      Thank you so much, it means a lot <3

      Delete
  7. Incredible. That poem you wrote had power, and so did your story. Thank you sincerely for sharing this. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be kind is all I ask of you