Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Wishes





I wish I was one of those people who saw the beauty in everything.
I wish I wasn't so blind to see the sparkles in people's eyes whenever they smile,
and I wish I could see the sparkles on the rivers and feel the soft breezes that everyone 
is always talking about.
I wish I was brave enough to compliment the girl I walked past at the store last week, and
I wish I would stop looking down on so many people.
I wish I wasn't such a bitter soul, and I wish I was more eager to share the things that I love.
I wish I didn't talk about myself so much, and I wish that I was more empathetic.
I wish that I took more time out of my day for others, that I wasn't so self centered,
and that I knew how to help people when they're hurt and helpless.
I wish I could live life from a new perspective and see all the wonderful things that 
other people get to see and the magic in every little piece of the world.
I wish I was a better person.
And I wish I didn't have to wish that I was a better person.


~     ~     ~


If you couldn't already tell, this was a call-out post for myself for being such an ignorant butt. xD
I've met so many wonderful people in my time, ones who can simply look around them
and find beauty in everything and see hope in every person they meet and are able
to pluck little pieces of light out of people and turn it into a poem or a piece of art.
And every time I meet one of those people, I can't help but feel jealous, which 
I hate. If I were to be granted one wish, I would want to have the mindset of those
kinds of people. The ones that smile at everyone they pass on the street and make
everyone feel better. 
One day I'll learn.


~     ~     ~


I hope you all have been having a wonderful week so far and that everything is going
well!! Don't forget to eat lots of fruit and to drink lots of water and also to read a
wonderful book for me. <3



7 comments :

  1. I wish you could see how many smiles your posts have brought to my face.
    I wish you knew that, when I was going through a hella difficult time in my life, your blog made me laugh in a way I was sure I'd lost forever.
    I wish you knew how my heart jumps with excitement whenever I see you've left a comment on one of my posts.
    I wish you knew how much it means to me when you tell me you like something I write, because your opinion is so valuable to me.
    I wish you could see that everyone passes by opportunities once in awhile and that's a natural part of life and it's okay.
    I wish you understood how much you inspire me, both as a blogger and as a person.
    I wish you realized that you were the one who made me start to appreciate art again.
    I wish you could see how talented you are and how much potential you have.
    I wish you could see the amazing Kelsey that I see, but I'm sure one day, you'll learn how to. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I was going to respond to the post but she basically just said it so ^^^^^^.

      Delete
    2. I wish I'd be able to say how much this means to me.
      Thank you so, so very much. Both of you. <3 It really means a lot and means the world to me.
      Tbh though Olivia, you're saying it to the wrong person, because your writing is incredible and brings me to tears and feels like a hug, and your comments are always so sweet, and you are a wonderful person and you inspired me a whole lot the past year. I hope you are able to see the amazing Olivia I see too. <3
      Thank you so much for this. <3

      Delete
  2. same.

    but I love you and think you're a fantastic person<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain
      Aww, why thank you, you're a pretty fantastic, inspirational person yourself <3

      Delete
  3. I think you're very selfless for wanting those things. Most people really don't seem to consider others, but you have a tender heart. And I think we all struggle with wanting to be better, I know I have. I've been asking God lately to make me more selfless, more like Him. Because I know I can't do it on my own! But don't beat yourself up. Nobody, not even those who seem to see life as magical all the time, is without flaws. There is no such thing as a perfect person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post rings so many bells. It's a short post, but it's strong. I know how you feel, and I feel the same way. I love talking about myself, and I love being better than others, and I love receiving stuff -honestly- just as much as I love giving stuff. I could never openly admit to these things on my own blog. I could never admit that I am not the person I want to be there. I think it's amazing that you would share this, and I think you are already a really good person.

    Everyone starts somewhere. You just need to have faith in yourself, and stop telling yourself that you are not good enough. Everyone cares about others, and you can't convince me that you do not. You are so sweet and so kind and so funny and I know because there are so many times when I was on the verge of crying and your posts -those bursts of happiness filled with Dan and Phil, anime, kittens, rainbows, fandoms, tumblr stuff and Doctor Who GIFS- helped me. You are an amazing person, and you've touched so many people online with your blog, I can't believe that you would be less amazing in real life.

    Also, I love how you changed your blog's design to wish us a happy holiday! :) *ultimate blogger skills* I bow to that idea, that is genius! <3
    And, since I've already taken whatever seriousness there was in my comment out by talking about Christmas, you follow my blog, but since I changed my URL, my GFC followers aren't receiving my posts in their Dashboard anymore. So if you want to, visit the new blog and just refollow. Let me know if it works. :)

    ReplyDelete

Be kind is all I ask of you