Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

my favorite things I've overhead strangers say




"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

"You're not 'telling it like it is' you're telling it how you see it."

"So tell me, what is curiosity not?"

"Everyone's art is beautiful in their own way because its something we put a bit of our souls in."

"Why are you lying about not having a heart? I've seen it."


_          _          _

My favorite thing about going to an online school was that I got to spend the majority of my time in various coffee shops and libraries to do my work. I feel like I've learned more about people by eavesdropping conversations more than I ever will in a school of a group of exhausted, agonized teens, but I still feel like I should learn to stop listening in on other people's business so often. One day I'll learn

_          _         _

this week's playlist
Dial Tones - AS IT IS | Fast Car - Tracy Chapman | Be Good - Max Brodie and Tom Rosenthal | How To Never Stop Being Sad - dandelion hands | Every Age - Jose Gonzales | Plant Life - Owl City | Flowers Bloom - High Highs | Fear and Loathing - Marina and the Diamonds | Float On - Modest Mouse | The World At Large - Modest Mouse | No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses | Coming Home Part II - Skylar Grey | Homewrecker - Marina and the Diamonds | Constellations - Tom Odell | Misguided Ghosts - Paramore | Jesus Christ - Brand New | The entire Folie album
(the transition between The World At Large and Float On and the meaning behind those two songs and that whole album makes me so incredibly happy. I love those songs so, so much, wow)


2 comments :

  1. I disagree; listening to the chatter of people in coffee shops can be some of the most beautiful, inspiring moments! Then again, sometimes people will surprise you with what they say. Also, I love that you put "Float On" on this playlist; I was just listening to that song yesterday. And #props for including Brand New and Tom Odell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, I have to say I've been really surprised by the things I've heard people say recently, sometimes people say the most wonderful things <3 Ahh, Float On is such a wonderful song, and high five for Brand New and Tom Odell!!

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you