Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Blessing In Disguise Award



So recently, the fabulous waterunderthebridge (You MUST go check out her blog btw, it's fantastic and she's uber sweet with a stellar personality and an the best music taste) has created a brand new tag and I was honored to be one of the first blogs nominated for this so wow, um, thank you so much, I was really excited to do this!! ^__^

Rules 'n Such:
1. Copy these rules and the picture above
2. Answer these questions:
                - Who/ What is your biggest inspiration?
                - What is one song that describes you?
                - Is there a message you want to give your followers/readers? If so, what is it?
3. List and explain one goal you have for your life (this can be short-term or long-term)
4. Think of at least three questions to ask your nominee.
5. Nominate at least one other person and explain why you nominated them. What makes them a blessing in disguise?

Questions
1. Who/what is your biggest inspiration?
I'm actually working on a post on this topic in the future, so I can go more in depth on the subject of my heroes and inspirations, but a few of the people that first come to mind is PJ Liguori, Gerard Way, Patrick Stump, Dan Howell, and Megan Jones

2. What is one song that describes you? 
Either Unwell by Matchbox 20 or Oh No by Marina and the Diamonds

3. Is there a message you want to give your followers/readers? If so, what is it?
There are so many things I'd like to say to you all, but one thing I want to say right now to you all is actually based on this one quote; “We tend to forget that baby steps still move you forward.”
So many people right now are beating themselves up because they're having a hard time finding inspiration to post, or just can't find the time, or maybe even have problems in their own lives outside of blogging where they're struggling to move forward. *raises both hands and waves them back and forth, rocking back and forth in chair while yodeling* So listen; just take baby steps. If all it takes to get yourself back up on your feet is just taking one single picture a day, or even just writing about your day to get yourself to post, or just...whatever is going on in your lives, so be it. Just keep moving forward. And you don't have to apologize so often for not posting or whatever. Don't worry, my entire feed is kinda in a posting slump at the moment, and I'm still pulling myself out of my own. 

Questions from Waterunderthebridge
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
Every year I go out with my family and some of my parents' friends and go boating and bring out the tubes and skies and stuff. I'm not usually an outdoors-y kinda person in the summer, since I have trouble with even a little bit of heat, but playing out on the lake is one of my favorite things ever. 

2. What is your favorite memory?
I have so many memories, this may take me a while. Here's one:
Once upon a time, there was a little girl, about 4-5, who had been spending her entire summer week reading and riding her bike around and was tired of everything. Heading into her dad's art desk in his office where he worked as an artist at the time, she discovered a box of paint she was told to never ever touch. 'Course, she was five, and when you're five, the rules of the universe don't apply to you, so she took them anyway and marched into this one room in her house with wall to wall bookshelves filled with books with a window at the end of the room. Her mom was talking with a friend in another room, and there was no one else with her, so opening the bottles of paints, the girl squeezed the tubes of watercolor all over the ratty rug in the middle of the room, smearing the paint all over. Heading to the end of the room where there was a large window, she painted a mural (or at least she tried) of a river with trees and flowers and birds and animals, with a little angel sitting by the river. The sunlight on the other side of the window shone through the paint, and like the stained glass windows in a church, her mural shone at her feet, and the entire room exploded with color. 
Of course, the aftermath when her mother finished talking with her friend and discovered paint covering every inch of the window and the girl's body wasn't nearly as thrilling, but if you had seen how the colors had illuminated the room, you would've agreed it was totally worth it. xD
And that is the tale of when I had discovered how much I loved art. xD

3. What are your current 3 favorite songs?
*Mitch and Scott voice* "HeresAGoodSongDontListenToAnythingElseToday" 
Right now I'm crying over HeavyDirtySoul by Twenty One Pilots, Let It Go by The Neighborhood, and I just recently rediscovered my love for Two Door Cinema Club and have been crying over Costume Party by them. 

Last thing--What is one goal you have in life, short or long term?
I guess my goal is to create something that changes or helps someone

~     ~     ~

My Questions
In the last year, have you met anyone who's changed you in any way?
What is something you absolutely cannot wait for?
When was the last time you laughed until you cried?

The nominees (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
Olivia - Olivia runs not one--but two fantastic blogs, both with super creative and hilarious posts that will make you smile. She has the best obsessions, she's super sweet, and has the coolest gifs ever, so head on over to her blog *shoos you out the door*
Tudda Pudda - Can we just take a moment to appreciate the brilliance of her blog? Tudda Pudda gets an award for one of the the sweetest bloggers in the little blogging community, and for having the best sarcastic answers in her tags. xD (But who's dream car isn't their legs though??)
Leah - Taylor Swift, Harry Potter, Dan and Phil, Percy Jackson, and so much more (need I say more?) Her random, hilarious posts are always something to look forward to, and if you follow, you get a free pack of Chicken McThuggets, SO GO, GO!!

how I feel nominating people

~     ~     ~

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY
I'm planning to get another post up in the next couple days, so yay, finally. xD
Thanks so much again to waterunderthebridge, this was really fun, and I can't wait to see everyone's answers to all the questions. :]
UNTIL MY NEXT SNACK BREAK BETWEEN DOCTOR WHO EPISODES

9 comments :

  1. Ahh! Great post! Kels, Adi if you read this comment I am still getting to your tag, I was going to do it as part of my Q&A speaking of Q&A if you guys have any questions!? xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooohmygoooooooooosh which doctor who ep are you on!?!?

      Delete
    2. THANK YOU!! and sadly, I'm still on the 11th doctor, BUT ITS GOING WELL SO FAR I JUST FINISHED THE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL. And that'd be awesome!! Um...if you still need questions I guess how bout...What is your favorite age you've been so far?

      Delete
    3. XD It's alright!!! Which one?!?! cause Matt did I think three *pulls funny face trying to remember* oooooooh yes thanks! XD

      Delete
    4. Ummmm..EPISODE 14 IN SEASON 5 I honestly don't remember how many he's done, I'm so behind as it is. xD YAY GLAD I COULD HELP. xD

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this post Kelsey! I also can't wait to see the post about your inspirations! The story of you painting the room was absolutely amazing XD A+ for that being how you discovered your love for art. Oh hey, did I mention I love the song "Unwell"? XD I feel like a lot of people can relate to that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, THANK YOU!! And thanks, I can't wait to post it, I've got most of it finished. ^__^ Haha THANKS I'm glad that of all things is what introduced me to this whole art thing. xD Oh really?? You seriously have the best music taste, gold star for you. xD And I've noticed that

      Delete
  3. Marina and the Diamonds is such an amazing band. I'd listened to the Electra Heart album, but I hadn't heard Oh No yet. Needless to say it's my new favorite song. xD
    Your answer to the favorite memory question is probably one of favorite tag responses I've ever seen. :D That must've been such a fantastic introduction to art. xD
    Also thank you so incredibly much for the nomination!! :D *gives you a big Internet hug* I'm gonna post it right now. :3
    ~Oli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, I haven't been listening to much pop lately, but I love them. WELL YAY GLAD I GOT TO INTRODUCE YOU TO IT THEN. xD
      Hahah, wow really?? What an honor. xD And it seriously was, I still remember the whole thing like it was just this morning and it's great. xD
      AND NO PROB!! *Big internet hug* YAY CAN'T WAIT. ^-^

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you