Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Text Tag




Thank you so much to the wonderful Adi for tagging me in this!
Rules:
-Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog
-answer the original 6 questions
-add a typography/word related question of your own for the people you tagged to answer
-tag 6 other bloggers and let them know
-include these rules in your post


_        _        _


What is your favorite letter of the alphabet?
probably J 

What are three words that you love?
'stoked' and 'aspire' and 'meliorism' and 'quest' and 'universe' and 'timid' and so many other things, I don't know how I could be expected to limit myself to just three

What are three words that you hate?
slut, moist, and entrepreneur, purely because I couldn't spell it to save my life and it frustrates me to no end

If you were to create a word, what would it be, and what would it describe?
something to explain the feeling of flying over the ocean at sunset. I've yet to find a word that completely describes how calming it is to watch the clouds turn red and the ocean glow pink and the whole airplane fill with a golden glow, it's unreal

I also don't think we have enough words in the English vocabulary to describe all of the things that are different kinds of beautiful, so that's another thing to work on

What are your three favorite punctuation marks?
+, &, and I feel like the interrobang symbol and I would get along well
‽ I mean?? that is my mood 24/7

What are three of your favorite fonts?
Consolas, quicksand, and geo sans light


Question from Adaline: what is your favorite quote/most beautiful thing you've ever heard or read?
I don't think I could ever really choose a specific quote really. I absolutely love everything that Dallas Clayton, Ryan O'Neal, and Keaton Henson come up with, and honestly I could fall in love with a single word just because of its definition or how it rolls off your tongue.
So here are just a small handful of the things I've fallen in love with over time

"But this is my body, the only thing that I own entirely, and it will carry me to greatness somehow." -Ginger, The Front Bottoms (this line feels like a battle cry and it gives me so much hope)

this

"You are a vessel of roses, and you won't always be in bloom, but I promise the frost never stays for long." -(x)

"If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat, even if people think it is a grass in the beginning." -Vincent Van Gogh

"The past is gone, and cannot harm you anymore. And while the future is fast coming for you, it always flinches first and settles in as the gentle present." -Welcome to Night Vale

"Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Do not be afraid." -I honestly have no clue, I'll add it later if I find out (EDIT: it was Frederick Buechner)

"We're driving toward the morning sun where all your blood is washed away and all you did will be undone." -Taxi Cab, TOP 



the funny thing is, there have been single lines on the internet that I've read that have broken me more than any book from any profession author ever could. I might make a whole post on those later. 


_        _        _


I tag
(if you don't want to do it/have already done it and I'm just dumb, you totally don't have to either)

my addition to the questions:
If you had the choice to have the writing style of one of your favorite authors, who would you choose?

I think that's all I need to do? I always feel like I'm missing something whenever I finish these, I don't know why, but thank you so much again to Adi for tagging me, this was really cool (even if it took me seven years to get up I'm sorry)
And I hope you all have a good day/week/life, go make something cool or read a wonderful book for me

_        _        _

this week's playlist
Catch & Release - Matt Simons | Stars (Hold On) - Youngblood Hawke | Beekeeper - Keaton Henson | I Could Be Stronger (But Only For You) - Gareth Emery | Easy - Son Lux | Nowhere / Bloodlines Pt. I - Sir Sly | Helpless / Bloodlines Pt. II - Sir Sly | Heal - Tom Odell | High Hopes - Kodaline | Spirits - The Strumbellas | The Sea Is a Good Place to Think of the Future - Los Campesinos! | Shiver - Lucy Rose | To See You Alive - Flatsound | Wild Things - Alessia Cara | Spaceman - The Killers | Better Days - Passport to Stockholm | Just Breathe - Pearl Jam | Bad Blood - Sleeping At Last | Raging - Kygo and Kodaline | Brazil - Declan McKenna


6 comments :

  1. Okay I'm going to answer your question bc it's so fun: I would DEFINITELY want to write like Jack Kerouac. My favorite poem of his is 2nd Chorus Mexico City Blues (http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/2nd-chorus-mexico-city-blues/.) But I'd also love to write like E.E. Cummings - one of my favorite poems of all time has to be this one by him: http://odyssey.wood.k12.wv.us/manuals/OHS/english%20iii/e3032_old%20age%20sticks.pdf. Once you figure out how to read it, it's extremely hilarious.
    QUICKSAND HELL YEAH. It's soooooo pretttyyyyyyyyy.

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang, now I wanna write like Jack Kerouac too, I'm gonna have to get more into his work now. AND THAT POEM TOOK ME A LOT LONGER TO FIGURE OUT THAN ID LIKE TO ADMIT BUT WOW THAT IS GREAT.
      Isn't it though?? I could go through fonts all day but quicksand will always be one of my favorites

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for tagging me in this! I just posted my answers :) It was really fun to do! And I love the letter J, too. It is one of my favorites. I also loved all those quotes! You totally should compile a post of your favorite Internet inspirations, that'd be cool to read. People can be so beautiful and poetic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I loved your answers!! I don't know what it is about the letter J exactly, I just love writing it for some reason. I might just have to, some of the things on here are pretty gorgeous! <3

      Delete
  3. whoah this weblog is wonderful i really like studying your articles.

    Stay up the good work! You realize, lots of people are hunting around
    for this info, you could help them greatly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gosh, this is such a late reply, but thank you so much, i really appreciate it <3

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you