Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Happy Little Things


So about seven hundred years ago, quite a few of you (Lauren, AshleyAdalineEllie, Gwen, Maddie, Adelaide) did the happy tag, where you basically just list the things that make you happy, all in different categories, and because I'm a mushy, nostalgic mess, I'm going to do the same. I don't know who originally did this, I'm sorry, if anyone knows if you could let me know that would be great.

_        _        _



Scents
Cinnamon vanilla cookie candles dust books petrichor clean sheets



Books
 Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe - Benjamin Alire Saenz | Challenger Deep - Neal Shusterman | The Wednesday Wars - Gary D. Schmidt | Keeper of the Lost Cities - Shannon Messenger | Oh, The Places You'll Go - Dr. Seuss | The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien | The Amazing Book is not On Fire - Dan and Phil | Jeremy Fink and the Meaning of Life - Wendy Mass




Movies and TV
Girl Meets World | Legally Blonde | Dead Poets Society | Remember the Titans | The Princess Bride | Matilda | Leap Year | The Neverending Story | The Suite Life of Zack and Cody | Frasier | Breakfast at Tiffany's | Finding Nemo | Lord of the Rings | The Hobbit | Malcolm in the Middle | Parks and Recreation

Words
aspire universe meliorism orphic oddity explorer escapade




Songs
Kansas City - The New Basement Tapes | Love at First Sight - The Brobecks | Woman Woman - AWOLNATION | Avalanche - WALK THE MOON | Anna Sun - WALK THE MOON | Luna - Bombay Bicycle Club | First Day of My Life - Bright Eyes | Dead Hearts - Stars | Taking Pictures of You - The Kooks | I'll Keep On - NF | Stay In the Clouds - Zee Avi | Anathema - Twenty One Pilots | Lovely - Twenty One Pilots | Recover - CHVRCHES | Forest - Twenty One Pilots | Ease - Troye Sivan | Two Young Hearts - Sabrina Carpenter | Oblivion - Bastille | Little Bird - Ed Sheeran | Dear Bobbie - Yellowcard | Holding Onto You - Twenty One Pilots | SING - My Chemical Romance | Spotlight - Patrick Stump | Banana Bread - Cavetown | LA Devotee - Panic! at the Disco | All of them Dreams - Tom Rosenthal | Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros | Suburbia - Troye Sivan | Slowtown - Twenty One Pilots




Other Things
My fabulous little El Bandito |  birds | the ocean | my dan to my phil | singing at the top of your lungs during road trips | koi fish | banana bread | finding new bands | those 'the way I see it' starbucks cups | the color yellow | fog | blue neighborhood | sunflowers | golden morning sun rays that hit all the corners of your house | art | books | stars | forests | plants | tea | dogs and cats | cloudy and rainy days | walks in the city | old twenty one pilots tweets | ice cream | fairy lights | lifting off in an airplane and watching the cities get smaller and smaller | staying in hotels | little cottages | overgrown gardens | flag banners | those bookshelves with rolling ladders


From what I've come across, this hasn't been a "be tagged and tag others" tag, so if you feel like diving into a sea of nostalgia and mushy feelings, then by all means, go ahead and spread the joy. It's a really sweet tag, and tends to make people happier.

_        _        _


last night we finally got the keys to the new house my family's moving into, and I got to visit my new room for a while. It's a little smaller than the one I have now, so I'm currently in the process of  getting rid of a lot of old things. So far it's been a little scary, but something about spending some time to visit my new room and get used to it helped a lot. The neighborhood isn't bad; we're at the end of this roundabout surrounded by a bunch of trees. I still get the view of the sunset that I wanted and my window's behind a giant tree in the front so I still feel safe and secluded. I'm still working on getting used to it, but we'll just have to see what happens.

Also, I'm finally on spring break, which has been giving me more time to work on other things other than panicking over deadlines and trying to keep from tossing my textbooks out the window, so that's been great.

I hope you're all doing well! I think I'm finally caught up with most of your blogs (good luck to those of you who still aren't on spring break btw or who don't have it at all, wow) I hope schools been good for you, and that your pets and everything are all doing great.

Maybe one of these days I'll learn how to make an outro to a post without making it awkward

Until my next snack break between Parks and Rec episodes, kids



10 comments :

  1. i saw tabinof and yes, yes, yes.
    as for girl meets world, i've always been a lucas and maya shipper.
    i haven't listened to Two Young Hearts in forever. i was just thinking about how i haven't listened to Sabrina Carpenter in forever.
    i have so many fairy lights it's not even funny. and i love ice cream, particularly mint chocolate chip.
    i love reading this tag, it's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOH LUCKY, I HOPE THAT WENT WELL FOR YOU
      High five fellow Lucas + Maya shipper, I used to be team Riley and Lucas, but recently switched over due to the campfire scene
      Same same, its been far too long for me too. Two Young Hearts is definitely one of my all time favorites though. <3
      Ice cream is very important, and the same with fairy lights, theres definitely nothing wrong with constantly being surrounded by them, we all need more fairy lights in our lives
      Ahh same, its so cute and always seems to make people happier

      Delete
  2. ALL THE HOBBIT THINGS YES.
    GIRL MEETS WORLDDDDDDDD. I love that show, except I haven't watched it recently because I've been busy, and that makes me sad. I also stopped watching Mighty Med for that same reason. BUT DAMN IT KELSEY NOW I'M FREAKED OUT ABOUT OLIVER AND SKYLAR AND DID THEY EVER GET TOGETHER AND NOW I'M GOING TO GO HUNT FOR IT ON NETFLIX.
    Breakfast at Tiffany's is awesome too.
    Meliorism. That's such a beautiful word, though I've never heard it before. I shall add it to my list of favorite words.
    Cottages and overgrown gardens are amazing. My grandma and I were once walking by one on our way to get pastries for tea, and their gate was open and no one was home so we kind of trespassed in their garden oops? xD
    I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO OWN A BOOKSHELF WITH ROLLING LADDERS.
    My favorite Sabrina Carpenter song is probably White Flag, followed by Seamless and Darling I'm a Mess.
    Wtf am I the only person whose spring break was last week??? Everyone is like "yay spring break" and I'm like TODAY IS THE LAST DAY OF MY SPRING BREAK *cries*
    Have you seen Supernatural? My best friend once said, "Laugh your way through Parks and Rec, cry your way through Supernatural."

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES YES YES
      Same here, I have a really hard time keeping up, especially since Netflix hasn't updated in a while, but hopefully nothing too wild has happened while we've been missing out
      GOOD LUCK WITH OLIVER AND SKYLER, IVE NEVER SEEN MIGHTY MED, BUT I HOPE YOUR NETFLIX ADVENTURE WENT WELL AND EVERYONES ALIVE
      it is, I love it so much
      Its meaning is gorgeous too, I don't even know how I came across it, but I'm so very glad it exists
      Arent they?? I love driving around and seeing overgrown gardens, I dont know what it is about them that makes me happy, but they're so wonderful. Hahah, your grandma sounds great, and trespassing gardens sounds like a good time (just as long as you didn't get caught, I'm glad you're still alive xD)
      GAH SAME THEY'RE THE BEST THINGS. I NEED TO RECREATE THAT ONE SCENE FROM BEAUTY AND THE BEST AT LEAST ONCE IN MY LIFE.
      Ooh, I love Darling I'm a Mess, but I haven't even heard Seamless, I need to go find it now, thanks for the rec
      I don't know honestly, everyone I follows' spring break schedules were all over the place so ?? who knows. I HOPE IT WENT WELL FOR YOU THOUGH
      I haven't actually, I never got into the whole 'Superwholock' thing besides Doctor Who, I might need to

      Delete
  3. i always love reading others' interpretations of this 'tag', seeing people talk about what makes them happy just seems to make me happy. ^-^

    good luck with the weeding through items!! i recently went through all of my stuff and got rid of three full trash bags. it took a while but i felt much less cluttered afterwards. :]

    lucky duck, enjoy your spring break! we just get a four day weekend around easter because the school distict is pretty much forced to give us some sort of holiday (though i doubt they would give us anything at all if it weren't required).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, same, I always get so excited seeing this tag in my feed, the responses are always so adorable. <3

      Thank you, its going well so far!! Dang, well you definitely did better than I did, good for you xD

      Ugh, that really sucks, I hope you at least had a good four days!! That's still really messed up though, I don't understand why it would hurt to add a couple more days to that

      Delete
  4. Ah, I love this post! I love this "tag", also, it's just amazing. :) Just seeing someone doing it just makes me happy. ^-^

    Haha, I feel you, a few weeks ago I reorganized my bedroom and um I had four giant size trash bags in my room with me for clean-up and then after those I had to use the rest of the box of bags. I'm so unorganized lol. xD But in reality I haven't cleaned up my room since we moved into my new house back in late July/ early August.

    YAY I THOUGHT THAT ONLY ELEMENTARY KIDS GOT SPRING BREAK BUT I WAS WRONG. (I'm a fifth grader haha lol.) Have fun, I'm basically just staying home all week lounging online. (I also had a week-long break last week, I went to Wisconsin with my friend Kailee.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it?! It makes me so happy seeing replies to this too ^-^

      Four giant trash bags really isn't bad though wow, I really need to step up my game here, that's a lot compared to me xD Haha, I feel you there, my room has always been a black hole honestly, I have the same problem

      NOPE, AT LEAST WHERE I AM WE ALL GET SPRING BREAK THROUGH COLLEGE. That doesn't sound all too bad actually, my break wasn't all too different honestly, haha. (Oooh, that sounds fun, I hope that went well for you!!)

      Delete
  5. 1.) i recognize the fact that i am insanely late to this post and if anything i think that fact reflects just how horrible i am at blogging/being a friend
    2.) for a second i thought this was someone else's blog and i had a very long freak out about the whole 'el bandito,' thing because like who the hell do i have to kill bECAUSE THAT'S //OUR// THING. and then i realized it was you and your blog and now i feel immensely stupid good god
    3.) i love this tag and wish it was still going around. your pictures are (as always) gorgeous, and i wholeheartedly agree with a lot of the things you listed. <3
    xx el bandito

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. Nah, you're fine, I've been really bad at checking everything in general lately, so you're not alone
      2. Haha, yeah the whole new look/url/everything else still messes ME up honestly, but its still me :]
      3. Ugh, same, the whole stream of these posts made me so happy. Thank you so much!! <3

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you