Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Dear Future,




Thank you for being kind
Thank you for always settling in as the gentle present
Thank you for never being anything more than I can handle 
I'll admit, I was a little terrified at first when I first heard of you, but I appreciate all of the wonderful people you've given me along the way so I don't have to take this path alone
I'm sorry for pushing you away for the longest time when I was younger; you have to understand, I didn't know what to think
Because you bring such terrible, wonderful things, and I wasn't ready to face any of them 
But along with the people, you've given me hope and a whole new perspective on the most beautiful, horrible place I've ever seen
Please forgive me if I'm still a little hesitant, but I still doubt myself and wonder if I'll ever be ready to fully come out of my own little box I've grown so fond of 
All the same, I'm very glad you're here, and I invite you in to take a seat
Pour yourself a cup of tea and make yourself at home
I'm ready to hear all about the world you've built for me

_        _        _

fun fact: I was sitting alone on a beach a few months ago, right behind the group of kids in the last picture. we all sat and watched the waves while the boy and girl on the far right played the flute while the middle one played the ukulele and the other two sang about the future and hope and love while the sun went down. Sitting on that beach behind that group of kids was the calmest and most at peace with the world I've felt in a very long time.


_        _        _

this week's playlist
I'll Keep On - NF, Jeremiah Carlson | Heal - Tom Odell | The Light Behind Your Eyes - My Chemical Romance | Woman Woman - AWOLNATION | Kansas City - The New Basement Tapes | Avalance - WALK THE MOON | Portugal - WALK THE MOON | R.I.P. 2 My Youth - The Neighbourhood | What It Costs - Switchfoot | Maps - The Front Bottoms | Stay In The Clouds - Zee Avi | Ghosts That We Knew - Mumford and Sons | Carried Away - Dionysia | All These Things That I've Done - The Killers



10 comments :

  1. gorgeous photos, beautiful post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Kelsey! Absolutely beautiful.

    (How did I not know you had this blog?! Love it. Will miss your old one, too, though!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thank you!! <3
      And this is actually the same old blog, just with a new design. I might be changing it up a bit/bringing back some of the old stuff just because though. ^-^

      Delete
  3. i love this. it's stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY MY HEART.
    Also sorry I'm so late to the party, I'm on vacation and just now checking Blogger xD

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!! <3
      Oh no, you're totally fine! Hahah, it's definitely not much of a party, but you're welcome to join whenever

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you