Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

hi,



~     ♥     ~

if you’re religious, i love you

if you’re an atheist, i love you

if you like boys, i love you

if you like girls, i love you

if you love both, or every gender out there, i love you

if you’re a boy, i love you

if you’re a girl, i love you

if you don’t identify as either, i love you

if you like “boy” things, i love you

if you like “girly” things, i love you

if you like wearing dresses and skirts and makeup and the whole nine yards, i love you

if you like wearing basketball shorts and t-shirts and the whole nine yards, i love you

if you like pop music, i love you

if you prefer country, i love you

if you’d rather listen to heavy rock, i love you

if you’re really good at school and take pride in your good grades and are going far in your education, i love you

if you feel horrible sometimes because you aren’t “smart” when it comes to schoolwork, but you’re brilliant in other things, i love you

if you’re quiet and prefer to stay home alone, i love you

if you’re loud and outgoing and like to be around people, i love you

if you’re a cookie-cutter “typical teen”, i love you

if you’re just a little bit different from the rest of the crowd, i love you

if you know where you’re going in life and are confident about the path you’re heading down, i love you

if you’re confused and lost and feel like you’re so far from the path you’re supposed to be taking but don’t know which one to take, i love you

if you identify with some or all of the things i said, or you’re something different or somewhere in between, i love you

if you needed a reminder today, or even if someone hasn't told you lately, i just wanted to say i’m really proud of you. you are beautiful and a wonderful human being, and i hope you’re doing well and i hope you know how loved and important you are.  


i love you


~    ♥      ~

guess what guys
this is my 100th post
i couldn't have been happier celebrating my one year blogging anniversary any other way
AND GUESS WHAT GUYS
MARRIAGE EQUALITY IN THE U.S.
WE DID IT
#LoveWins


20 comments :

  1. oh my gosh kelsey, this was just beautiful. ^_^ <3

    congratulations on 100 posts. :]

    #LoveWins (you know it's important when maddie actually uses capital letters)

    -maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw gosh, THANKS SO MUCH.
      and thank you!! I'm really happy I got this far. :]
      #LoveWins (and it most definitely is)

      Delete
  2. If you're the person who wrote this post, I love you. BECAUSE THIS IS MY FAVOURITE POST OF THE YEAR. Let the rain of homophobic people's tears fall on this day because equality. Has. Won.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, inspiring, encouraging words.
    Happy one year and one hundreth post!
    #LOVE #WINS #WE #WON.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. I am really happy for you guys. But one little thing bothers me. While everyones all "oh yeah, everyone is equal now, no need to worry about LGBT equality anymore!" In Australia, our homophobic Idiot of a prime minister still hasn't let us be equal. I think people need to look outside the little box of America, and realize we are still left behind. Lesbians are not aloud to marry here. Neither are boys aloud to marry boys. Because Tony Abbot is an Ass hat. I am sorry if that is swearing, I don't swear or say that word IRL but it is the truth. People still need to remember that LGBT's are not really equal. Not until it is legal for them to marry everywhere. Sorry to rain on your rainbow parades, but I felt it needed to be said. Once Obama is done being president over your side can you send him here? Thanks. :) You can delete this if it offends you, but thankyou for this beautiful post Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that your prime minister won't let everyone be equal. I totally agree that people need to remember there are other countries where same-sex marriage is still illegal. However, I think the law in America will help LGBT's everywhere and is a step in the right direction. If we can do it, so can the world.

      Delete
  5. I have trouble remembering to love everyone (especially when they say something silly), so thank you for this. I need the reminder.

    YAY MARRIAGE EQUALITY! Glad this finally happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this really made me smile.
    IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I LOVE YOU
    marriage equality yesss #finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. THIS IS PERFECT. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, SPIFFINGLY, MARVELLOUSLY, AMAZINGLY PERFECT.
    THIS IS SO ENCOURAGING! SO DAMN ENCOURAGING!
    I don't know why I started writing in caps - guess I got too excited!
    Well, this was mind-blowing. Phenomenal. Perfect.
    It's good to know that there are still people out there who believe in spreading love and positivity! And I'm ridiculously glad that America has given the nod to marriage equality!
    In my country, thanks to the section 377, there's no development on marriage equality. At all.
    Stay awesome as ever,
    Much love,
    Archie <3
    http://eeriefairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on 100 posts Kelsey! You will always be a huge inspiration to me because of everything you do. I hope this blog never ends because I don't know what I'd do without your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! This made me tear up a little; it was so amazing. :) #lovewins
    ~ Sanjana
    peridotcove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 100 posts! This was so beautiful. #lovewins FINALLY

    ~Noor
    www.alittlebitofsunshineblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful! Congrats on one year!!! ^-^
    -Claire

    Oh, and LOVE WINS!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah, I'm also looking at all of your tags on the side and it is quite entertaining actually.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #lovewins #icried #thankyou #amazing
    If you're reading this, I love you.
    Since you wrote this, I love you. <3
    ~Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful, Kelsey. <3
    #lovewins indeed. :)
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! This is so cool! I'm doing my 100th post on 7th! So excited! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Posts like these make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. <3 And I saw the post announcing marriage equality first thing that morning and honestly I couldn't believe it. #LoveWins is love, #LoveWins is life. xD
    AND HAPPY BLOG CENTENNIAL WOOT WOOT
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo! A big congrats on your 100th post, you amazing little blogger! Beautiful post. I love it. As Gwen above said, it can be hard to remember to appreciate all the diversity in the world. There will always be those kinds of people that maybe you just don't get along with and aren't your kind of crowd - but that doesn't change how great they are as people.

    I'm assuming you saw this already, since you 1+ed my post (thaaank you :D), but I've nominated you for the Blog of Excellence award! Here's the post

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is the first post I have read from you, and those 99 other posts, I know I missed out on! <3 for life!
    And I am so pleased with #LoveWins!

    - Lexie (11)
    www.whatlexieloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Be kind is all I ask of you