Pages

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Attack of the Nursery Rhymes



2spooky4u

I bet you are wondering why I've gathered you all here today.
I am here to ramble about the evils of the most common nursery rhymes sung to young children everywhere. xD

But seriously though, all of them are so dang catchy and have a happy little tune and when you read just the lyrics alone, it sounds like some sorta pedophobe with nothing but a happy little flute or whatever started writing songs or something what even. 
(No blogger, I did not want to change pedophobe to pedophile that is a whole different post there)

I mean, you've got this little group of kids, like 4-7 years old and they're all circling around singing, sounding all happy 
Aw

Ring around the Rosy
Pocket full of posy
Ashes, ashes
We all fall down

And there's this group of parents nearby and they're all like aw and everyone else is like aw but in reality, going by the lyric's context and history, the dance would really be more like




And whoever wrote Rock-a-bye baby needs a chill pill.

Rock a bye baby
On the treetop
When the wind blows
The cradle will rock
Down will come baby


C̱̰̳̑̐R̼͖͎̾̑̂̑̅A̪͉̮̺͙͕̔̾ͮS̺ͯ̔HI̻̖̥̜̐̈̏͆͆̇N̰̣̗͓̻̜̂ͤ̈́G͖͉̀̐ͣͫ͛ ̼͕̻ͦ͆̑ͪͫͯ̚İ̲͎̦ͫ̈́N͚̭ͩ̏ͥ͛̃T̲͌ͩO̮̝̙͍̬̬͖ͫ́ ̰̰̹ͮ̾̐T͕̝̞̙ͧ̊͛ͥ̏H̃ͪ̓̿͒ͮE͚̲̖̫̓̆ͫ ̉ͩ̈̀̏̔͑B͍̦̱͚̩͚̈́O̘͉T̜͕̲̯̩̗̓̽̇́͊̑Ṯ̦̱͔̈͛͛̄ͅͅO̖̹͂̽͒ͯ̒M̝̜̌L̦̝͍̩E̮̭̖̒ͩ͑̏̈́̉̚S̤͚̝̗̻͚̠S̟̦ͫ̇̐̅͒̿̄ ̜͙͍͗V̐ͭ͆O̬̠̅̿ͬ̽I̹̣ͮͪ͋ͧ̄̐͐D̹̞͈̩̭̜ ̭̟͎̣̗́̈́͐B̲̯̰̤̥̥̊Ẻ̮̘̭͉̮͓̎ͩ̃̽͌L̗ͤ̅̽͊͊̌O͍̽͛͋W̻͎͓̩͒̈̋

And really?

Jack be nimble
Jack be quick 
Jack jump over the candlestick
Jack jumped high
Jack jumped low
Jack jumped over
And burnt his toe

Whoever's making this Jack guy perform heroic feats resulting in injuries just leave Jack alone already. xD


Little Miss Muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
Along came a spider
Who sat down beside her
And frightened Miss Muffet away

I don't know who this Miss Muffet is or what the bloody heck a tuffet is exactly (SOME SORTA STUMP OR SOMETHING????) but this kinda sounds like me. xD


Did anyone else notice how there is really no indication that Humpty Dumpty was an egg?????
He could've originally been a clumsy person (e.g. me) who fell off some wall and it was just changed so it wouldn't be so freaky for kids?? xD


On another note, here's the most beautiful carved pumpkin I've ever seen


My favorite songs this week are Small Bump by Ed Sheeran,
Inevitable by Anberlin,
Stay Just a Little by Kina Grannis
Stay Just a Little -- #LyricArt for "Stay Just A Little" by Kina Grannis
If My Heart Was a House by Owl City (spoiler alert: you'd be a home)
And Up in the Stars by Swimming With Dolphins


(The one titled FORESTNYMPH vine or something like that)

That is all for today. xD
That's probably you all can handle today anyway so thanks for reading BYEEE. xD



4 comments :

  1. Nursery rhymes scare the crap out of me okay okay.
    and I likey the new background. and the powered by script at the bottom of the blog. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nursery rhymes are so freaky man I can't handle listening to them without picturing some sort of demon creature creepily singing them goodbye.
      THANKS and thanks I really need to change that I put that in so long ago. xD

      Delete
  2. scary... we influence kids like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding...
      I guess there are other worse things that are influencing kids, nursery rhymes are just plain freaky though. xD

      ~K

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you