Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Awards, Followers, & Pageviews, Oh My!

Edit from Adi: Haha, Kelsey you gained 3 followers over the night. Popular little thing ain't ya? xD
Edit from Kelsey: I DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE THAT UNTIL LIKE FIVE MINS AGO WOW THANKS SO MUCH.

OMG.
I KNOW THIS MIGHT NOT SEEM LIKE VERY MUCH TO SOME PEOPLE 
BUT WOW 7 FOLLOWERS AND 1,000 PAGEVIEWS I CAN'T LET ME HUG YOU GUYS PLEASE THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU


ON ANOTHER NOTE,
*please go check out these lovely's blogs if you're not already following, they are all absolutely amazing okay*
 for the Blogger Recognition Award, originated by Eve
This award, unlike others I've seen, is passed around to recognize the bloggers and show your appreciation to them for simply being in the blogger community. I love this award so much, because it's not just an award passed around to few blogs, solely to answer a few questions and pass the award on, but can really make someone's day just telling them how much you appreciate them being in the community. There is nothing wrong with other awards, but you never know how you've impacted someone by passing on this award to them.

The guidelines for this award are simple:

  • Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who nominated you.
  • Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and two pieces of advice for new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you nominated in the post.
  • Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
  • Comment on each blog and let them know you've nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
  • Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).


Note: You can decline the award if you don't feel up to doing the above, but remember—you have to earn it by doing the work! :)



Here iz da award.
She did such a good job. *wild applause*


Now, for the story of my blog...
I don't really have much of a story, honestly, sorry to disappoint. 
I started out as a writer; penning stories and typing daily on a Word document to pass the time. The stories themselves weren't much at first, but over time as the stories grew, so did my love for the characters I had created within each one, and I wanted to share them. At least with a smaller crowd.
Sharing the manuscripts in progress with a select few of my closer friends, I finalyl decided I wanted a better place to share than through email alone. And thus, the blog was born, under the same url as my Tumblr. For the time being, the blog was kept private, shared solely with the people I had originally shared my stories with, but that would soon change.
Obviously, I've strayed from the blog's original purpose as I went on posting, while Adaline set up a blog of her own, consistently posting her photography and I shared her joy watching the stats spike and the follower count grow. 
One day while going back and forth in the comments of one of my posts, I finally decided to go public, and off it went from there.
Adaline redecorated the old blog, made me a button, and that was about it. 

I haven't even been public for long, but I have met some lovely people in my blogging experience, and want to thank you for that. ♥ 



But enough of my life story. xD



I am so not the person to go to for advice, but here is what I learned from my time like 2 weeks of blogging...



  • Don't worry about followers, pageviews, etc... Think about it; if you're disappointed that you have like 5 followers, and some other blog's got 40-something-or-other, really think about it. Sure, some blog's always going to have more, but you've got FIVE followers. FIVE people taking time out of your day to look at your blog, read your posts, and even comment about it. That's five people with lives, hopes and dreams, and friends, and everything; who have never even met you in real life, don't even know what you look like, and they go about their normal day, making you a part of it, going home on their computer to listen to fabulous little you. It doesn't matter if you have 10 or 10,000 followers, what matters is those few people, REAL people, taking time to read your daily posts.

When you think about it, that's pretty dang cool. :)

  • Second, if you make a post based on someone else's original idea, try and credit them. No one likes their ideas stolen, and it really doesn't take that long to say "Yo, this was inspired by the amazing Jim" or whatever. Just make a quick little note; it's polite, and trust me, the little shoutout will make their day. :)

In no particular order, here are my 15 nominees



13 comments :

  1. Oh wow! I just LOVE your blog too as a fellow Whovian it is FANTASTIC!
    Would you mind if I completed the tag on my new blog?
    http://futureeducationmajor.blogspot.com.au/
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY ANOTHER WHOVIAN. *cough* Thanks so much, though, that means a lot!! :}
      And no, not at all! :D

      ~K

      Delete
    2. WOOOOOO! anyways.. :P No Worries! :-)
      and oh great!! I will work on it!
      ~Ev

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for nominating me! Great advice, too! :)

    -Cassie ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating us Kelsey!! I totally agree with the whole follower thing; it's not that big of a deal!!
    ~<3Ginny~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no prob!! And it really isn't, when you think about the followers you already have. :)

      ~K

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination, and big congrats on 1,000 Pageviews and 7 followers :) Looks like soon you'll have 11 ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! And awww, thanks so much!!
      ..I didn't even notice that wow...thanks *so* much for the follow, means a lot! <3

      Delete
  5. OOOOOOOH CONGRATS KELSEY!!!!!!! I'm surprised ya didn't hit 14 followers earlier than this, you're just so dang fabulous and all ;) I can see you going far.............(yeah I'm not a phsychic but let's pretend. But really, I *do* know you'll be a very popular blogger soon cuz how could you not?)

    ANYWAYS.

    Congrats on the three nominations! I really liked reading your story and tips! =D

    ~Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, THANK YOUZ!!!!
      And awww, thanks so much!! I never expected to get any more than 3-5 followers, so it means a whole lot. Thanks for being a fabulous supporter! ;D
      Thanks again!!

      ~K

      Delete
  6. Hey I hope you don't mind if this post is late, I have heaps of exams coming up and need to study now. :D
    ~Evie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it's fine, don't worry about it! :D I actually ended up posting this late too because of the same reasons so I feel your pain. xD

      ~K

      Delete

Be kind is all I ask of you